Seems like the big events just keep coming! In the last few weeks:
1. Owen turned 5. Woah, it still seems like we were just bringing him home!
2. Marcus started speaking in two & three word phrases "bye-bye daddy" "tank you mama", "hi owie", "mama back home" and, naturally, "NO! MINE!"
3. Owen started Spanish summer school & can now count to 29 without help. He loves to surprise us with new vocabulary and recently told me "Yo pongo el liston en mi cinturon." (I put the ribbon around my waist). Yesterday he drew a self portrait during his quiet time (in lieu of napping) and wrote "Yo me llamo Owen". Mid-September, he'll be in Kindergarten in a Spanish immersion program at a public school in our neighborhood. We're so excited for this!
4. Nonna Marie has come to visit and spends plenty of time drawing with Owen, reading to Marcus and cleaning the kitchen (she lives for the opportunity to clean our fridge ;)). We've done a fair share of treasure hunting at local antique stores & found some serious gems! We spent a day at Huntington Library and Gardens, and exploring the Chinese, Japanese and children's gardens as well as a few art gallaries.
5. Owen's beginning soccer session ended and I'm hoping we'll be able to get a spot on an AYSO team this fall. We missed the registration because I had no idea you needed to sign up for that stuff in April!
6. Marcus is 2! We celebrated with a trip to Travel Town, train ride & BBQ with good friends and family and yummy cupcakes!